Friday, September 5, 2008

Ian's Birthday Week

We started Ian's birthday week with a trip to Ellensburg, home of the World Famous Labor Day Weekend Ellensburg Rodeo! We went to the parade and the fair and had a birthday party complete with banana cream pie. Next we took a trip down to "the Farm" in Oregon and spent Ian's actual birthday at Cannon Beach. We're still a little in shock that Ian is 1 already, he continues to amaze us minute by minute! More pictures and video to come :)

Well howdy pilgrim (can't you just hear John Wayne in your head?!?!)

See you in November Mr. Turkey

Besta, Papa & Ian - thanks to Besta & Papa for taking care of Ian 3 days a week since January and congratulations on your re-retirement :)






Not quite sure what to do

getting the idea

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm banana

aha!

oh wait...I'm not sure about this now

it's squishy

cool!

here have some...


Every first time visitor to the Farm is required to have their picture taken wearing the rice steamer...it's a Farm thing...

Here is Ian waking up 1!


First look at the Ocean


"Tssss"?


OMG I'm standing on my own, quick someone pick me up!


Ian & Mommy

Ian & Daddy
Since you only have your first birthday once we decided to have another round of birthday cake! I did not make the watermelon cake - I made the banana cream pie but the cake came straight from the grocery store!




4 comments:

young and kicking said...

OMG! What a birthday party (parties!) When it comes to pie and cake, a man has gotta do what a man has gotta do! Love the pictures...Ian really is getting to be quite the young man! We are anxious to come back and see everyone!

Love, Grandpa

young and kicking said...

Hmmm...Google messed up with my blogger Id...gotta go back and get it changed...

young and kicking said...

OK, I think I got it fixed!

After all, got to have it the right way for Ian's blog!

Grandpa

Sycamore Girl said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ian dear! My favorite is of him standing on his own, freaking out! Too cute! Ian is lucky to have his grandparents share the first year of his life with him! *Tally started crawling two weeks ago...I guess its all a snowball of new things from here!*